What we stand for...
PHUFC looks to all participants to represent the club in the most positive way.
As a club we are supported by and governed by Football West. We ask that all players, coaches and supporters understand the common rules that govern our game.
- Play by the laws and rules of the game
- Listen to the referees
- Control your temper
- Be a team player
- Treat all players fairly
- Cooperate with your coach and teammates
- Play for fun and improvement
- Avoid discriminatory remarks
- Encourage participation but do not force them to play
- Teach that honest effort is the victory, not the winning
- Encourage to play by the rules
- Never ridicule mistakes or losses
- Remember, involvement is for their enjoyment, not yours
- Remember, they learn best by example. Applaud both teams
- Never publicly disagree with officials. Raise issues through correct club officials.
- Support all efforts to remove verbal, racial and physical abuse.
- Support your club officials to foster high standards of behaviour
- Remember that children particpate for pleasure and that winning is only part of the fun
- Never ridicule or yell at a child for making a mistake or losing
- Be reasonable in your demands on young players time, energy and enthusiasm
- Teach your players to always follow the rules, which are unbreakable
- Group your players to ensure that everyone has a reasonable chance of success
- Avoid overplaying the talented players
- Ensure that equipment and facilities meet appropriate safety standards
- Develop team respect for the ability of opponents and judgement of officials
- Follow the advice of a physician when determining when an injured player is ready
- Keep up to date with the latest coaching practices
Click the links below for further info: